Monday, January 5, 2009

Subject for future research



Interesting interview with Father Thomas Keating on this week's To the Best of Our Knowledge (overall theme: "Einstein, God, and the Universe") questioning the very notion that "nature" is something outside of us; he's perfectly amenable to the idea that "god" and "nature" are dual paths to the same thing.

The segment was my introduction to Fr. Keating, a Trappist monk and the founder of this organization and author of quite a few books, one of which I'll surely have to read ... eventually.

Update! Lest I sound too hippy-dippy here (all too possible as this blog gathers steam, I promise you), allow me to add a link to the following week's far more skeptical-sounding TTBOOK episode on "Magical Thinking." Also quite nice.

No comments: